Sunday, August 2, 2009

Visiting Grandpa and Alma

Jason headed to North Carolina on mission trip with the high school youth the weekend of the 4th of July. So, Isabel and I headed to San Antonio, TX to visit my grandfather and Alma (she has been with us for over 25 years!). Also, my mom was heading home from FL, so she first went to TX and my dad flew down to meet us. What a great reunion it was. Grandpa and Alma had not seen Isabel since her baptism when she was just over 3 months old. So, it was great for them to see her now and how different she is. They loved it! I hope we can get out there again soon.
Here is Isabel enjoying Grandpa's comfy rocking recliner.
It is hard to see, but there is a nice coating of Parmesan cheese on Isabel's upper lip. We had ordered pizza and Isabel wanted to try the cheese. Alma just gave it to her and let her eat it however she wanted. It was a mess, but Alma thought it was adorable. So, I guess this an example of the grandparent spoiling the grandchild! Alma loved giving Isabel rides on the walker! After Isabel got used to it, she really liked it and was asking for rides.
We made a very brief stop at the Alamo so my dad could see it. Of course we had to get a quick photo taken also.
Happy 4th of July!
Mmm.....snow cone. Again, a grandparent spoiling her! Too much sugar in my opinion.....
Such a cutie. We got her to smile by telling she could have some more of the snow cone.
Loving Grandma.
Balloon time!
Cuddling with Grandpa, watching fireworks on TV.
More fun with Grandma.
Checking out Alma's hair. There is just something about her hair that Isabel loved.
Nothing seems to make her happier than cheese!
The rare family photo.
Alma adores Isabel.
Mom and Me. Gosh I miss her.
Looks like a pretty good conversation.
Isabel is a good listener.
I just had to put this picture in. Isabel has my shower cap on and has my mom's slippers and socks on. It was so funny.
On the way home......
It was a wonderful weekend and so rare for us all to get together. I am so thankful Isabel and I were able to visit. I know Grandpa and Alma loved it!

2 comments:

Russ said...

Did you see the basement of the Alamo? Was Pee Wee's bike there?

Lilly said...

We had to dig for a while, but we found it!