Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween Everyone! We had a fun evening with Isabel. This year she dressed up as little red riding hood. I had originally bought her a "lady bug princess" costume, but she screamed every time I tried to put it on her. So, it was returned and little red riding hood is what we ended up with. In effort to plan ahead, I tried the costume on Isabel last Sunday shortly after her nap when she was happy and refreshed.....that way I at least had a few pictures in case things didn't work out on actual Halloween day. Here she is in the backyard, telling the pumpkin Hi:
After a little while though, she got bored with me taking so many pictures. Today Isabel wore a cute Halloween shirt to daycare. The pumpkin actually lit up when Isabel moved. Jason said when he was getting her ready this morning she was pretty freaked out by the pumpkin and he didn't know if she would make it through the day in the same shirt. When he picked her up though, she was still in the shirt! This evening Isabel let us put the costume on! Isn't it nice for us to live in FL and not worry about her freezing in this costume?? Isabel was ready to go tour our street. She had fun walking down the street and looking at all the cats that happened to be out this evening. We didn't actually trick or treat since Isabel doesn't eat candy yet (we are holding out as long as possible!). After a little while though, she was ready to get out of that costume!
She seemed to be happy when we told her it was time to go home. A little later in the evening....our masterpiece. I hope everyone had a fun day! We sure did!
By the way, can you believe this was Isabel a year ago on Halloween???

She sure is cute!

2 comments:

lubke-moss said...

HOW CUTE! I love the little red riding costume. She makes a woderfull little miss hood. :)
Have a fun (and safe) time on your trip this week!

Anonymous said...

The best part of Halloween is eating the kid's candy!

Dan K.