Thursday, October 23, 2008

OOOOKlahoma!!

Isabel and I headed to Oklahoma last week for 5 days. For the past few years I have been going to Oklahoma in October for my mom's fall break. It typically falls right around my parents' wedding anniversary on October 18th, so it works out perfectly. I would say the trip was quite an adventure to say the least. I had a bit of a cold that required a trip to the doctor in OK, Isabel was in a "harness" while in the airport in an effort to keep her from running off, and I had to drag the tremendous car seat through 3 (that's right 3.....Tampa, Dallas, Tulsa) airports!! Despite all of that, it was absolutely wonderful to see my parents and sister. The temperature was perfect....not too cold, not too hot. We were able to celebrate my parents' 39th wedding anniversary together. On Thursday night we all watched FSU beat NC State, which always is a wonderful thing and very fun to have my dad all excited about the football game. Then on Friday Mom, Isabel, and I met up with Mom's friend Laurie. Saturday, we all went to my dad's annual work picnic. That night Katie, Isabel, and I took my parents out for an anniversary dinner. Fun, fun!!!
Eating at my parent's house......watch out for the juke box behind you!

Roaming around my parents' property. They actually live somewhat in the "country" and have 3 acres and a pond. Isabel's question to me: "Mommy, what is this thing???"

My response to Isabel: "It's that old 1957 convertable Chevy that Grandpa has hauled around for as long as I can remember. It has literally gone from IL to FL to OK....without working brakes." Isabel seemed satisfied with the answer. Fun at the park. Even more fun at the park!
Another park! This one was a lot bigger than the other park....and Grandpa and Aunt Katie were there to play also.
Grandpa is really good at pushing the swing. A few times he had to be told not to push so high, even though Isabel loved it!
Grandpa's work picnic. Isabel would have LOVED to get in all the bouncy houses....but she is still a little too small for them. We did go down a slide together and she seemed to really enjoy it.
Happy 39th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Daddy!
Isabel found a duck! She won a rice krispy treat for Mommy.
Isabel loved the balloon!
Too bad it was gone so quickly. I think she was really confused when it popped in her hands.
Isabel with the grandparents after the anniversary dinner.
Helping Grandma make a beaded necklace.
Quality time with Aunt Katie.
Jason really missed us, as we missed him. When we got home, he had a whole bag of Mega Blocks for Isabel.
And a boquet of beautiful flowers for me. He is so sweet!

1 comment:

lubke-moss said...

GREAT pictures. I know you had a great time with your family. I still can't believe how big that girl is getting!