Friday, March 13, 2009
Strawberry Princess
The Strawberry Festival recently took place in Plant City. We didn't go to the festival, but we sure have been enjoying the strawberries that are in season right now! I think Plant City has the best strawberries around. Last weekend we met up with some friends Parksdale Farms in Plant City to have strawberry shortcake. It was delicious! Some of you know this, some of you don't....Isabel is quite picky to say the least. At the moment she will not eat any fruit other than bananas and applesauce. So, when offered a strawberry, she refuses! With the shortcake though, there is cake and whipped topping involved. So, she had some of the cake and I am pretty sure some bits of strawberry got in there. There is hope that some day she will eat the strawberries! Isabel also had fun being the strawberry princess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey Lilly,
It's so fun to watch Isabelle grow up on your blog. It's also fun hearing about your adventures together, which are similar to those we're experiencing having a daughter so close in age. I'll have to send you a picture of Mary Blakely sometime.
At least as far as their affinity for fruit, it sounds like they couldn't be more different, though. MB can't get enough! Loves the stuff! Clementines, apples, bananas, strawberries, (which she used to call 'sawbies'), blueberries (I won't defile your blog with what she used to call those ... I'm sure you can imagine), pinapple, etc.
Hope you all are doing well!
Dan
Post a Comment