We finally did it! Jason and I have officially taken a vacation without Isabel. We have both been away from her overnight, but never together. For our big vacation, we went skiing in Breckenridge, CO over Jason's spring break. We were gone 5 days, 4 nights. Fortunately, Jason's parents came down to stay at our house with Isabel. They had a great time!
The vacation was wonderful. I have to admit, the first day there I didn't know if I was going to make it being away from Isabel. Not because I was worried about her or anything like that, I just truly enjoy my time with Isabel and was really missing her.
We flew into Denver and then had to drive 100 miles west to Breckenridge. I had the honors of driving both ways. It was intimidating to say the least. I have pretty much been in FL my entire life. The 5 years I lived in IL, where I would experience snow, were from birth until 5. So, I really have no idea how to drive in snow, let alone the mountains! We made it though.
The resort we stayed at was great. It was literally on the slopes. So, in the morning, we would just get our ski gear out of our locker on the ground floor, put on our boots, walk outside, put on our
skis and then ski down to buy our lift ticket. The resort
also had a shuttle that would take you anywhere within the city limits and then pick you up. It was great.
We also enjoyed 4 dinners out. This is huge! I don't know if we have had that many dinners out, alone, since Isabel was born! Of course I had to get a picture.

A view from our room as the sun was rising. The mountains were so beautiful.

A view of the resort at sunrise.

Whoa! A snowing view from our balcony! This was the 2
nd morning we were there.

On the slopes. I look like I know what I am doing, right?

Downhill.

All bundled up!

There I am, skiing away.....

Downhill again. We really like Breckenridge because the slopes were so wide open.

Jason looking like a pro.

Beautiful slopes.

Another view from our balcony. It was a beautiful day. If you look to the right, you can see the slope.

A better view of the slopes.

The
obligatory self portrait.

The view of the mountain from downtown.
A snowy view looking downhill.

It was cold!

Our last day on the slopes. A big storm came through that day, so it was really snowy. It made for great skiing!
A picture of the resort the morning we had to leave.....
The snowy road I was about to drive on......

Jason playing in the snow.

His creation.
A few pictures on the way to Denver. This first one is a frozen lake. On the way to Breckenridge, there were 2 people "kite skiing". Pretty neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment